As early as 1954, a Christian School Association was formed in Wollongong by members of the Dutch Reformed Church and a Christian School Fund was established.
These early pioneers believed that the education of children is primarily a parental responsibility and not the responsibility of the State. They took seriously God’s mandate for parents to train their children in God’s ways and viewed the Christian school as an extension of the home where parents and teachers worked in partnership in teaching, training and equipping children to become God’s person in the world.
Our forefathers continued to investigate the possibility of starting a Christian school by lobbying Governments and raising funds through street stalls and donations. They never lost sight of their vision and whilst their own children did not necessarily have the privilege of attending a Christian school these visionaries continued to inspire others to join them in their task of providing a biblically based education for children of Christian parents.